2023 Summer Workshops and Intensives
Summer registration NOW OPEN!!
Summer is the PERFECT time to expand your skills as a dancer! Below are our summer programs to help keep your dancer’s technique and skills up throughout the summer!
NOTE: If your dancer plans to audition for the BXP Dance Company or the BXP Dance Crew, a minimum of two weeks of the THRIVE Summer Dance Intensive is required. Auditions will be held on Wednesday and Thursday of the SECOND week of the Intensive, July 19th and 20th.
NEW! – The Dance Collab
Week 1: June 28th – 29th 4:00-7:00pm
Week 2: July 5th – 6th 4:00-7:00pm
Ages 7 & up
The Dance Collab is a choreography and video creation workshop! Dancers will be able to explore their own creative voice collaborating with their instructors and peers in making their own unique dance video each week! Choose one or two weeks of enhanced training to improve your dancers jazz, hip hop, and contemporary choreography and performance skills as well as learn video creation tips and techniques. Dancers ages 7 & up will collab twice per week on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:00-7:00pm on the following dates: June 28th – 29th and July 5th – 6th.
The Dance Collab Fee: $85 for 1 week or $165 for 2 weeks
How do I sign my child up for The Dance Collab?
Registration opens on Monday, March 20th. You can register by clicking on the Online Registration tab from our dropdown menu! A $40 registration fee will hold your child’s place in The Dance Collab. The Dance Collab fee is due by June 20th and will be automatically drafted on that day.
THRIVE Summer Dance Intensive
Thrive: to become very successful, happy or healthy; to succeed, to achieve, to prosper
What is THRIVE? A new concept in dance training that helps to teach young dancers how to be their best self, teaching them to thrive in any atmosphere or challenging situation through the power of dance.
Dance teaches young people discipline, creativity, teamwork, respect, how to make improvements, to feel self-assured and confident, how to listen well, lead others and be patient, among others. (See “How can dance benefit my child?” to read more about the benefits of dance.)
Intertwining contemporary, ballet, improvisation, jazz, hip hop and choreography skills along with the lessons your child will learn within the dance class, we will guide your dancer on their journey to be their best self through positive affirmations, journaling, setting intentions and then reflecting on their work. (See below, for dates and times.)
Why THRIVE? We all want our children to be successful, happy and healthy! This intensive is designed to do just that. We want to teach and give your child the skills necessary to be able to thrive in any given situation.
Things your child will learn through the THRIVE Summer Dance Intensive:
1. Leadership – The ability to be a great leader must be learned and developed. Thrive will teach your child the most effective way to be a great leader while being respectful of others.
2. Mindset – Developing the right mindset is an important factor in being able to achieve their goals. Thrive will help your child develop the right mindset to transform the environments and circumstances that surround them.
3. Grit – Grit is the ability to persist in something you feel passionate about and persevere when you face obstacles. It’s resilience, patience, passion and hard work along with a “never give up” attitude.
4. Problem Solving – To be able to turn their inspiration into a workable solution, developing problem solving skills is vital. It is the driving force that turns their goals and dreams into their reality.
5. Inspire Others –You cannot get to where you want to go without a good, healthy support system. And the best environment to be in is one surrounded by people who believe in you, share your goals and who will stand by you in support of your dreams. Your child will learn how to inspire others while being inspired themselves.
6. Communicate – Even in the time of isolation and social distancing, it is important to build and strengthen connections with supportive adults and peers, including family, friends, and teachers. Through this workshop your child will learn how to positively express their emotions both verbally and non-verbally through journaling and their dance training.
THRIVE Summer Dance Intensive Dates, Times and Fees:
Monday – Thursday 3:30-6:30pm
July 10 – 27 Ages 7 & up
One Week of THRIVE $225
Two Weeks of THRIVE $349
Three Weeks of THRIVE $449
NOTE: If your dancer plans to audition for the BXP Dance Company or the BXP Dance Crew, a minimum of two weeks of the THRIVE Summer Dance Intensive is required. NOTE: Audition combinations for the BXP Company and Crew will be taught on Wednesday, July 19th and auditions will be held on Thursday, July 20th of the second week of THRIVE .
NEW! THRIVE “MINI” Dance Intensive
NEW! THRIVE “MINI” Dance Intensive! Designed specifically for dancers ages 4 – 7, we incorporate key ideas of the THRIVE Intensive (see above) along with training your dancer in the styles of jazz, hip hop, contemporary, ballet, and core strength and conditioning.
THRIVE “MINI” Dates, Times and Fees:
Monday and Wednesday 1:00-3:00pm
July 10 – 26 Ages 4 – 7
One Week of THRIVE “MINI“ $60
Two Weeks of THRIVE “MINI“ $120
Three Weeks of THRIVE “MINI“ $180
How do I sign my child up for the THRIVE Summer Dance Intensive or the THRIVE “MINI” Dance Intensive?
Registration opens on Monday, March 20th. You can register by clicking on the Online Registration tab from our dropdown menu! A $40 registration fee will hold your child’s place in the workshop. The workshop fee is due by July 3rd and will be automatically drafted on that day. We look forward to having your dancer join us for this new, innovative, dance-inspired workshop!